Where to display your collection…
If you like rocks like I do, it’s easy to accumulate a lot of them. The challenge becomes: what do you do with them all? I’ve put together a few different ways you could display your collection. Please let us know if you have ways we haven’t covered.
- Window sills are a nice place to display rocks. The natural light will really light up your stones and help you appreciate their full beauty. Be careful with certain rocks, though. Amethyst, rose quartz, fluorite, celestite and smoky quartz can fade over time when exposed to light. Also, be prepared to pick them up off the floor a lot if you have a cat that likes to knock things down.
- Display cases or curio cabinets: This is probably one of the most obvious ways to display your collection. We have ours in our dining room, so we get to enjoy them every time we have a meal. I like this because if it was in a section of the living room we seldom use, we’d not get to enjoy them as much. It’s also a great conversation starter for when we have guests over for a meal. Plus many curio cases light up, which makes your specimens look wonderful a night.
- Altars: Altars are a great way to display your rocks for the spiritual connection. If you meditate in front of your altar, you have easy access to your tools. Or if you want to empower, give gratitude or connect with Spirit, your crystals will aide in your endeavor being placed on the altar.
- On your desk next to your computer. First off, it’s good place for minerals (such as fluorite, black tourmaline, or shungite) that protect against EMFs (electromagnetic fields) emitted by your computer. Second, if you spend a lot of time at your computer, you will get to enjoy your rocks more. I like to have them handy to pick up and play with, to contemplate and harness their energy and healing properties when I’m in between tasks or on the phone at my desk.
- Illuminated: Many stones are made into lamps or candleholders. We also have lighted display stands with which to show off your translucent minerals. Translucent stones are so pretty when they’re lit up! They add such a nice glow to a room. Beside their aesthetic appeal, salt lamps are natural air purifiers because they emit negative ions when heated up from the bulb.
Watch our video below on how to display your collection!